Just like any motor vehicle, your motorcycle needs a regular, routine maintenance service. Depending on the motorcycle brand and manufacturer, your bike could need a routine service sooner than others. Make sure you review your owner’s manual in order to keep your bike in top condition.
Pre-ride checks are essential:
- Look for any defects or damage to the bike to ensure your safety and the safety of other vehicles on the road.
- Keep your motorcycle clean; dirt and debris can cover up or hide a dangerous condition.
- Have a tool kit handy in case of any situations where you must do minor maintenance on the side of a road, highway, or trail.
- Always have the owner’s manual on the motorcycle because it can provide important tips or information in case of an emergency.
- Consistently check your battery levels, headlights, brakes, and tires to make sure that these parts are functioning correctly.